Here is a little recap of my mothers day.
I awoke to two bed hogs who snuck in the middle of the night to share my bed. Obviously they had forgotten it was moms day to enjoy her own bed. But when I made it out to the kitchen I had discovered that my son had made me breakfast. It was suppose to be in bed, but I got out about 2 mins. to soon. I had a glass of ice water, a bowl of regular flavored oatmeal and a muffin (actually a cupcake) all to be served on my cutting board with my mothers day card made by Isaah. How thoughtful, and yes he did this totally on his own. He amazes me sometimes.
Then I made blueberry muffins for them and a choc. banana protein shake and sliced strawberries. Madi informed me that this was the best mother's day ever. She also gave me her special cards. After we all got the house picked up, Isaah took Rusty for a walk and Madi took the girls upstairs to get them dressed. I actually layed on Isaah's bed and had a phone conversation in peace. WOW!!!
Since they girls had been struck with the runnin poops yesterday I decided to stay away from large indoor groups, so no church. I decided we would go to the dinosaur park for a picnic. It's not really a dino park, it was named that many moons ago by Isaah because at the park it has one dino ride on toy. But in the scheme of things, I swapped Isaah with Kylie (connor's sister & Madi's friend). Isaah was going fishing... Everybody was happy and best of all no fighting or whining, Cheryl (connors mom) thought that was the best mothers day present ever!!!
So anywho, we enjoyed the park for a hour or so and then made our way across the road to the Botanical Gardens. What more could a flower loving girl want? (Her new camera to have already arrived lol) Actually it turned out to be fun and the girls loved it and we saw lots of butterflies (when my comp program/camera decides to cooperate I will download pictures). Then Madi and Isaah enjoyed some time at Cheryl's while I watched Talli and Paige play blocks while I rested. I was exhausted.
The way it worked out I got to have evening cuttle time with Madi, look at scrapbooks with Talli, watch Jon & Kate plus 8 with Isaah and read him 2 stories from The Invasion of the Road Weenies (what a name), and hold Paige for awhile. Obviously not all at the same time... I think they enjoyed it as much as I did. All that could make it better would be a large plate of yummy brownies and the energy to sit back and watch a movie with my hubby. (yes he was working).
11 years ago





2 comments:
What a nice day! No more running poops?
Sounds like lots of fun! My hubby was also working and yes we were late for church and I got to wrestle my 3 kids out on the couch for 1 hour and that was about the highlight or should I say "lowlight" of my day!! No it actually wasn't that bad! So sad that we couldn't have spent the day "hubbyless" together! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment