Sunday, September 13, 2009

Broken Bones

we have been pretty luck when it comes to broken bones. We haven't had any until this summer. Then we had two. First Madi was playing and ran into the corner of the entertainment center and broke her little toe. We thought she did but we had it confirmed by xray's two weeks later when we took Isaah in to get his cast on. Her foot was still bothering her. We just continued taping it and he said in about 2 more weeks it would be completely healed. One night about a week later the kids were up late and Isaah was flying his helicopter. The helicopter landed on the entertainment center. Instead of asking for help he stood on the couch and reach for it. Splat! He fell off screaming "Somebody help me, I broke my arm" Crying he tells me "I heard it snap". Great I am thinking. I really didn't want to look at it thinking it was a compound fracture with bones poking out. I looked though and it wasn't. He sat there screaming, not crying screaming and all the while Chad is telling him to buck up he doesn't need to cry. I told him I would have to take him to the hospital (which he does not usually want to do and avoids dr.'s at all costs) he said okay. Well we knew the pain must be bad. A half hour later the screaming has finally stopped at we were in the ER. Yep, he broke his arm about an inch down from his wrist. A week later he got a cast on. Then another week he got a waterproof cast on. About a month later off came the cast just in time for school to start.


Isaah getting his cast off

1 comments:

soda girl said...

I'm still waiting for the day i will break a bone! Cool cast Isaah!!!

Ashley